We are still waiting to hear from H's social worker about when we will get to meet her and what the plan will be for her transition to our home. For the past ten months, "While I'm Waiting" from the movie Fireproof, has been my theme song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3b2jw1rjBc&feature=related I was hoping that I could change my tune, but I guess not yet.
We emailed H's social worker on Monday to ask about clothing sizes, etc. I emailed again on Tuesday, as after polling my LLL colleagues I discovered that I need to know H's weight before we can shop for a car seat. No response.
Yesterday I attended the What About Me Conference on Adoption which was great. (I would be happy to make copies of the handouts for anyone interested.) The morning session was geared to social workers and the afternoon session for educators. The groups were combined for lunch, so I ended up having lunch with K, our social worker. K asked if we had heard from H's worker and when I said NO, she said she would try contacting her... We still haven't heard anything.
So, "I'm waiting, waiting on you Lord, but I am hopeful..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment