Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tomorrow's the Big Day!

Tomorrow’s the big day!

Last weekend was H’s third visit with us. She is such a sweet, funny little girl. We are amazed at how quickly we have fallen in love with her. And we think she is becoming attached to us, too!

During her first couple of visits, she would occasionally ask when she would go see Mimi (the foster mom.) However, this past weekend was different. When it was time to take her back to Mimi’s on Sunday night, H said that she didn’t want to go. When we arrived at the foster home, her foster mom also thought it was hard on H, that the next day she keeps asking when we were coming back, especially Daddy! Even though we are not missing the 6 am wakeup calls, we find ourselves really missing her presence and her cheery "Have a nice day!"

It was really hard to take her back, and even harder thinking about doing it again this coming weekend, as our placement date was originally set for June 18.

So, we decided to plead with the powers that be to allow H to move in with us this coming weekend. Now we finally might have a chance to see her inside the house with her shoes off - something we haven't gotten her to do much yet. She loves her pink shoes.

After hearing nothing for 2 days, H’s social worker called Tuesday evening and said that June 12 was fine with her, and asked to come over on Wednesday to inspect the house and have us sign the papers giving us physical custody of H.

So, we’ve crossed our T’s and dotted our I’s and a year and four days after we began this journey, we will finally be able to sing the chorus to Steve’s song!

Out of love I will bring you home,

You no longer will have to roam.

Out of love here’s a place for you,

My dear child you’ll be with me soon.

And it’s purely . . . . . Out of love.

4 comments:

Ron & Maria said...

Beautiful song!
SOOOOO excited for you!

Give me a hollar if you want to meet at a park!

living4Him said...

Happy tears here as I read the words to chorus of the song and know she's with you guys right now. :-)

Blessed Again said...

Congratulations!! We'll be keeping you all in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

If I can stop sobbing, I will have a comment but until then...... I have never been happier for anyone in my whole life and I MEAN THAT Kath and Steve!